This 6 Days / 5 Nights , Tanzania Big Game Safari itinerary takes you on a journey through Tanzania’s unrivalled wildlife destinations – Ngorongoro Crater and the fabled Tarangire – to deliver a dramatic and diverse big game safari.
- Wildlife viewing year around
- Watch the endangered black rhino
- Game routes are well maintained
- Easy access to accommodation
- Explore the Maasai culture living within crater
- See the Big 5 in a single day
This luxury safari is ideal for those wishing to experience Tanzania for the first time, or to combine a northern Tanzania safari with another destination.
On arrival at Kilimanjaro or Arusha Airport you will be personally met and escorted by our driver-guide to the Mount Meru Hotel / Kia Lodge or similar where you will spend the night. Activities, including swimming, shopping, or visiting the Tanzanite Experience museum are available for those who arrive early.
Leave Arusha after a buffet breakfast for Lake Manyara National Park. Here, you’ll take a short game drive through its lush groundwater forest where you might even see its famous tree-climbing lions. In the early evening you’ll arrive at Lake Manyara Hotel.
Leave Lodge/ Hotel after breakfast for the drive to the Serengeti National Park, passing through rich farmland until reaching the lush montane forests of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area Crater Highlands. After ascending and descending the rift escarpment, stop first at Olduvai Gorge, one of the world’s most famous fossil and archaeological sites dating back to two million years where many finds of early
humans were discovered. Tour the Olduvai museum before a picnic lunch. In the afternoon, continue game-viewing in the Serengeti. Undoubtedly the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world, the Serengeti is home to the highest density of animals in the world as well as being unrivalled for its natural beauty, diversity and scientific value. During your daily game-drives you’ll witness the annual ancient drama of life, death and rebirth in this primeval wilderness. 2 nights in Mbugani tented Camp.(FB) or similar
Drive to the spectacular Ngorongoro Crater for crater tour, a collapsed volcano, once as high as present day Mount Meru for an afternoon of exciting game-viewing and a picnic lunch. Descend 2,000 feet to the floor of this 10 mile-wide ‘caldera’ that teems with a variety of wildlife including the highest density of lions per square kilometre in Africa,
open savannah grasslands, the Lerai groundwater forest and a soda lake tinged pink by thousands of flamingos. Drive back up to the Crater rim in late afternoon for dinner and overnight at the Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge. Or Ngongoro Wildlife Lodge (FB)
After breakfast, return to Arusha stopping for lunch at a popular local restaurant and day accommodations at the Kilimanjaro Airport Hotel before a late transfer to the airport for your return flight home.
This safari package includes:
- Transportation in a safari specific vehicle
- A professional English speaking driver/guide
- Park entry fees
- 2 small bottles of drinking water (500ml) per person per day
- Meals as per the itinerary
This safari package does not include:
- International flights and visa fees
- Personal Travel/Baggage Insurance
- Drinks outside the 2 bottles of drinking water mentioned above
- Tips for the driver guide and any porters at the lodges
- Unexpected increases in National Park/Lodge Fees by the relevant authorities
- Bank Fee/charges in sending your money to Tanzania and getting USD cash out in Tanzania